Do you like ramen? Hiyashi chuka is a great option for those that enjoy ramen but want something to cool down. Unlike Ramen, Hiyashi Chuka is cold ramen served with a vinaigrette sauce. The toppings are refreshing and colorful, which makes it a perfect dish for a hot summer day! For this recipe we used our Original Hiyashi Chuka!
- 1 serving Original Hiyashi Chuka
- 1 packet Original Hiyashi Chuka Sauce
- ⅓ Cucumber thinly sliced
- ½ Tomato thinly sliced into about 6 pieces
- 2 pieces Ham thinly sliced
- 1 Egg beaten with ½ tbsp sugar and a pinch of salt. Make a thin crepe out of it, let it cool, and thinly slice.
- 1-2 Lettuce Leaves ripped to appropriate size for serving plate
- Kaiware Daikon (daikon radish sprouts)
- Prepare the noodles; boil the noodles by following the instructions on the packaging.
- Once the noodle is ready, cool with water and drain.
- Layer the lettuce leaves on serving plate and top with noodles.
- Add cucumbers, tomato, ham and eggs to create a colorful masterpiece!
- Place kaiware daikon in the center and pour the pre-packaged sauce evenly over dish. You can add a little karashi mustard (Japanese mustard) to add a little spicy kick!