Do you like ramen? Hiyashi chuka is a great option for those that enjoy ramen but want something to cool down. Unlike Ramen, Hiyashi Chuka is cold ramen served with a vinaigrette sauce. The toppings are refreshing and colorful, which makes it a perfect dish for a hot summer day! For this recipe we used our Original Hiyashi Chuka!
- 1 serving Original Hiyashi Chuka
- 1 packet Original Hiyashi Chuka Sauce
- ⅓ Cucumber thinly sliced
- ½ Tomato thinly sliced into about 6 pieces
- 2 pieces Ham thinly sliced
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Shrimps
- Radish Sprouts by preference
- Red Ginger by preference, you can follow our recipe to make
- Salt by preference
- Thinly slice the cucumber, tomato (into halves), and ham. Boil the shrimps and set aside.
- Beat the eggs with sugar and salt. Heat oil in a frying pan or pan specifically for omelet and spread the egg mixture. Make a thin egg omelet and flipping the omelet over to cook both sides. Once the omelet is ready, let it cool on a cutting board. Thin slice the omelet to thin shreds Shredded eggs are called kinshi tamago in japanese.
- Follow the package instruction and cook the noodles. Once the noodles are ready, rinse in cold water and drain well. Place on a plate.
- Top the noodles with cucumber, tomato, ham, eggs, and ship. Garnish with radish sprouts and red ginger. Before serving, swirl in the hiyashi chuka sauce and you are done!