Pork dumplings can be tedious to make, with all the wrapping you must do. For this recipe, you do not need to wrap! Using our Gyoza Wrappers, make a non-wrap juicy gyoza! All you have to do is mix the filling with a homemade chicken bouillon gelatin, and wet the gyoza wrappers before microwaving. Enjoy!
- 4 pieces Gyoza Wrappers
- Water to wet the wrappers
- 1 tsp Chicken Bouillon Powder
- 1/2 cup Hot Water
- 5 g Gelatin Powder
- 200 g Ground Pork
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing Wine
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Ginger grated
- 1 tsp Garlic grated
- Sesame Oil by preference
- Ginger by preference, minced
- Green Onions by preference, minced
- Soy Sauce (for sauce) by preference
- Black Vinegar (for sauce) by preference
- Mix and dissolve chicken bouillon powder and gelatin powder in hot water. Once the powders are fully dissolve, let it cool and chill in the fridge for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Mince the onions and microwave in a bowl for 1 minute and let cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix ground pork with the onions from Step 2, Shaoxing wine, soy sauce, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil.
- Take the bouillon gelatin from Step 1 out of the fridge and crush using a fork. Mix with the meat from Step 3.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place the filling from Step 4. Wet the gyoza skin with water and place 2 layers of the wrappers over the filling.
- Lightly place a plastic wrap over the bowl and microwave for about 2 minutes 30 seconds (Cook longer if the meat is not cooked thoroughly).
- Remove the bowl from the microwave (be careful, it is hot!) and top with thin sliced gingers and green onions. Serve with a sauce of your choice and enjoy!
Submit your review