On cold weathers, hotpot is a great way to stay warm! While our Gyoza Wrapper tastes great pan-fried or fried, it is also great in soups and hotpots! The chicken broth and gyoza leaves a great flavor to savor. In a small bowl, add ponzu sauce and a little scoop of soup to enjoy! We have added Kiritanpo (Pounded Rice Cake), an Akita specialty to enjoy with gyoza and plenty of vegetables! Stay warm!
- 1/2 pack Gyoza Wrapper
- 150 g Ground Pork
- 4 leaves Nappa Cabbage minced and drained well
- 1/3 bunch Chives minced
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic grated
- Salt and Pepper by preference
- 3 tbsp Chicken Bouillon Powder
- 4 1/4 cups Water
Hotpot Toppings & Sauce
- 4 Kiritanpo (Pounded Rice Cake) you can follow our recipe below
- 1/4 Nappa Cabbage
- 1 bundle Green Onion
- 1/2 pack Maitake Mushroom
- 1 bundle Mizuna
- 1/2 pack Bean Sprouts
- Ponzu Sauce
Kiritanpo (Pounded Rice Cake) (4 servings)
- 1 cup Cooked Rice
- 1 tbsp Potato Starch
- Salt by preference
- Sesame Oil by preference
- In a bowl, add ground pork, nappa cabbages, chives, egg, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Place a spoonful of the paste from Step 1 to the center of the gyoza wrapper. Wet the edges with water and fold the wrapper in half. Make folds and the gyoza is ready!
Kiritanpo (Pounded Rice Cake)
- Put cooked rice in a Ziploc bag and add in salt and corn starch. Seal the bag and squish the rice.
- Once the rice starts to be sticky, wet your hands and form the rice on a stick. For the leftovers, roll it into a ball.
- Heat sesame oil in a frying pan and panfry the rice cake until the surface turns golden brown. Flip the rice cake over to keep it consistent. Once the rice cake is evenly cooked, you are done!
- Place the nappa cabbages, bean sprouts, maitake mushrooms, green onions, and mizuna in a clay pot. Add the soup mixture in and cover with lid. Heat up the pot.
- Once the hotpot starts to boil, add in the gyoza and Kiritanpo. Cover with lid. As soon as the gyoza is fully cooked, you are ready!