Wouldn’t it be awesome if you can buy vegan, fresh ramen noodles? Great news, our Kale noodles will soon be available in stores! For this recipe, you will be making soup that harmonizes with our kale noodles. The green noodles will stand out in the soup, and the aromatic garlic will keep you slurping for more. If you do not have kale noodles, our ramen noodles are also recommended! This recipe is recommended for garlic lovers, as plenty of garlics are being used. Give it a try!
- 4-5 servings Kale Noodles
- 4 Chicken Drumsticks
- 150 g Onion minced
- 25 g Carrot minced
- 25 g Celery minced
- 2 cloves Garlic grated
- 1 thumb Ginger grated
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2000 ml Water
- Salt and Pepper by preference
- Roasted Sesame Seeds
- Nori Seaweed
- Spring Onion
Garlic Chicken Soup
- Rub the salt and pepper into the chicken drumsticks.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and coat with canola oil.
- Add the garlic and ginger. When the aroma of the garlic comes out, add onion, carrot and celery. Then stir-fry until the onion is golden brown. This process brings out the umami of vegetables.
- In the same frying pan, grill the chicken drumsticks until the skin is golden brown and crispy (the chicken doesn't need to be fully cooked at this point).
- Set a large pot over the gas top. Transfer the vegetables and the chicken into the large pot. Make sure to transfer the browned bits to the pot, as the bits become umami.
- Add the water into the pot and put a lid on. Bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Transfer the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Put back the soup to the pot.
- Bring back to a boil then season with salt and pepper.
- Now the soup is ready for making ramen.
Kale Ramen with Garlic Chicken Soup (1 serving)
- Boil 4 cups of water in a medium pot and 1 1/4 cups of soup from above in a separate small pot.
- Add the kale noodles to the 4 cups of boiling water. Cook for 1 minute and 15 second to 1 minute and 30 seconds, stirring occasionally (if frozen, add 1 minute to cooking time). Please adjust cooking time per your personal preference.
- Drain the noodles and transfer to a ramen bowl. Pour the soup and add the toppings.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.