What is an Empanada? It is a baked or fried pastry filled with a variety of ingredients. It could be sweet or savory, depending on the filling! While empanadas originated in Spain and Portugal, Empanadas are popular worldwide! Using our Gyoza Wrapper, we tried making a Japanese/Asian style sweet empanada! Add some red bean fillings to the gyoza wrapper, fold, and bake! Since they are baked, they are much healthier to snack with.
- 12 pieces Gyoza Wrapper
- Water (to wet corners)
- 120 g Sweet Red Bean Paste
- Divide the red bean into 6 and roll each into a flat ball. Spread the gyoza wrapper and fill the center with the red bean. Wet the corners with gyoza wrapper and place another layer of the wrapper on top. Fold the corners.
- Fold in the corners to make shapes (looks like the image).
- Brush the egg yolk on the wrapper and bake in the toaster oven for 10 minutes.
- Decorate the baked gyoza empanadas on the plate, and you are done!