Love ramen but you want to be healthy? Try adding some tofu and beans! Who knew tofu and beans would taste great with ramen? We used our Signature Tonkotsu Ramen to create for this recipe! Tofu is low on calorie and high on protein, making it a healthy dish! Make sure to press the tofu to drain the water, as tofu can get water. Stir-fry tofu and beans with sesame oil, soy sauce, and a hint of chili powder. Enjoy the savory taste of the stir-fried tofu and beans while staying healthy! By using a simple plate, it looks like a pasta dish!
- 3 servings Signature Tonkotsu Ramen
- 3 packets Signature Tonkotsu Ramen Soup Base
- 3 ¾ cups Hot Water (1 ¼ cups per serving)
- 1 pack Tofu firm or extra firm
- ½ can Black Beans
- ½ can Kidney Beans
- ½ cup Edamame thawed if frozen
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil (for tofu)
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil (for beans)
- ½ tbsp Soy Sauce (for tofu)
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce (for beans)
- Chili Powder by preference
- Salt and Pepper by preference
- Press the tofu with a paper towel and drain the water. Wrap the tofu in paper towel and place in microwave-safe plate. Microwave for 60 seconds to drain more water.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 tsp of sesame oil. Add tofu and stir-fry while cutting up the tofu with a spatula to large bite sizes (do not use metal spatulas). Once the water from the tofu evaporates, stir in ½ tbsp of soy sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Using another pan, heat up another 1 tsp of sesame oil. Add ½ can of black beans and kidney beans to stir-fry. After stir-frying the beans, season with 1tsp of soy sauce and a pinch of chili powder.
- Prepare the ramen (noodles and soup) by following the instructions in the back.
- After the ramen is prepared, top the ramen with stir-fried tofu and beans. Add edamame.
- Garnish with cilantro, and you are done!