Tantanmen is a Japanese-style Dan Dan Noodle, served with or without soup. While the common ingredient to make Tantanmen is sesame paste, it may be difficult finding them in the states. To substitute, we recommend using peanut butter! Signature Spicy Miso Ramen is used for this recipe. The nutty and creamy peanut butter, spicy miso soup base, and our fresh ramen noodles will keep you slurping! Who can resist creamy ramen? Try it out!
- 2 servings Signature Spicy Miso Ramen
- 2 packets Signature Spicy Miso Soup Base
- 3 ⅓ cups Water
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 200 g Ground Pork
- 1 bunch Bok Choy
- 1 thumb Ginger
- 3 Green Onions
- 2 tsp Tobanjan Sauce (Broad Bean Chili Sauce)
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- Chili Oil by preference
- Salt and Pepper by preference
- Green Onion(White Part) vertically sliced
- Mince the green part of the green onions and vertically slice the white part. The green part will be used for the soup and the white part will be used as toppings. Boil the bok choy with salted water and cut into quarters. Mince the ginger and set aside.
- In a Chinese wok or a deep dish pan, heat sesame oil and add ground pork. Lightly season the pork with salt and Pepper. Cook well.
- Add in ginger, green onions, and tobanjan sauce to the pan. Continue to stir-fry.
- After cooking, set aside half of step 3 for topping.
- Add water to the wok/pan and bring to aboil. Add in the spicy miso soup base and mix well. Lower the heat and simmer for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- While simmering in step 5, mix in a small amount of soup with peanut butter in a separate bowl. Add more soup if the peanut butter isn’t fully dissolved.
- Add the peanut butter sauce from step 6 to the soup from step 5 and mix well. The soup is ready!
- Follow the package instructions to cook the noodles. Once the Noodles are cooked, drain well and place in a bowl. Pour in the soup from step 7.
- Top the ramen with toppings you’ve set aside and finish off with sliced green onions and bok-choy. Swirl in Chili oil (optional), and you are done!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.