Who doesn’t love a dish with bacon? This quick and simple recipe will have you enjoying a steaming bowl of ramen in no time. The bacon’s savory goodness combined with cabbage and mushrooms is an excellent topping for our Signature Miso Ramen. If you cannot find shimeji mushrooms, you can always substitute with regular mushrooms!
- 3 servings Signature Miso Ramen
- 3 servings Signature Miso Ramen Soup Base
- 3 ¾ cups Hot Water (1 ¼ cups per serving)
- ⅓ Cabbage cut into bite sizes
- ½ bunch Shimeji Mushrooms roots cut and stalks separated
- 2 Scallions trimmed
- 3-4 Bacon cut into 1cm pieces
- Salt and Pepper by preference
- Heat frying pan and cook bacon. Once it gets a little crisp add in cabbage and shimeji mushroom. Add salt and pepper to taste. (No need for vegetable oil since bacon has plenty of fat. The bacon is also salty so be careful when you add salt!)
- Prepare noodles by following instructions on packaging. Prepare soup in a serving bowl.
- Once the noodles are ready, drain and place in bowl. Add bacon and cabbage topping.
- Garnish with scallions and you’re all done!