Meat is the standard topping for ramen, but have you tried tofu? By cooking grilled tofu with sugar, soy sauce, mirin, and sake, tofu becomes a sweet and flavorful choice of topping! For this recipe, we used our Premium Vegetarian Shoyu Ramen. Recommended for noodle lovers who want a healthy recipe!
- 2 servings Premium Vegetarian Shoyu Ramen
- 2 packets Premium Vegetarian Shoyu Ramen Soup Base
- 2 ½ cups Hot Water (1 ¼ cups per serving)
- 6 pieces Tofu Steaks you can follow our recipe below
- 4 Shishito Peppers
- 1 Soft or Hard-Boiled Egg cut in half
- Green Onions chopped
- 1 Dry Seaweed (Nori) cut to ¼ strips
Tofu Steak (2 servings)
- 1 Tofu (Firm or Extra Firm)
- 3~4 tbsp Flour (or Potato/Corn Starch)
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Mirin
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sake
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Mix together sugar, soy sauce, mirin and sake on a separate bowl.
- Wrap the tofu with a kitchen towel and microwave for 3 minutes. Remove the towel and let the tofu cool down.
- Slice the tofu to 6 rectangular pieces and cover with flour (or potato/corn starch). Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and place the tofus to grill. Once the tofus are grilled, add in the mixture from Step 2 to cook together. The Tofu steak is now ready!
- Using a grill or a frying pan, grill the shishito peppers.
- Following the package instructions, boil the noodles and prepare the soup. Place the soup in a bowl.
- Once the noodles are cooked, place the noodles in the bowl. Add tofu steak, shishito peppers, boiled eggs, green onion, and seaweed as toppings, and you are done!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.