Have you ever used Shiokoji before? It is a Japanese all-purpose seasoning that is often used to marinate meats, fish, and vegetables. You can also add it to boost the umami flavor in any dish. Shiokoji is readily available and you can also get it on Amazon. In this recipe, we used our Signature Shoyu Ramen. Try it out!
- 1 serving Signature Shoyu Ramen
- 1 packet Signature Shoyu Ramen Soup Base
- 1 ¼ cups Hot
- 80 g Pork thin-sliced and cut into bite sizes
- 1 tsp Shiokoji
- ⅓ Zucchini thinly sliced into 5mm pieces
- ⅓ Scallion julienned, soaked in water and drained
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil (for frying shiokoji pork)
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil (for saute zucchini)
- Ground Black Pepper by preference
- Rub pork in shiokoji and let it marinate for 5 minutes. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan and stir fry pork with shiokoji. Add pepper to taste.
- In another frying pan, heat vegetable oil and sauté zucchini being sure to get both sides.
- Prepare noodles by following instructions on the packaging. Prepare the soup in a serving bowl.
- Once the noodles are ready, drain and place in bowl of soup. Top it with the shiokoji pork and sauteed zucchini.
- Garnish with scallion and voila!