Butter topped Shijimi Clam Ramen is a local specialty in Aomori prefecture. The gentle flavors of the shijimi clams and rich flavor of the butter pair well with our fresh ramen noodles. In this recipe, we used our Signature Shoyu Ramen and made it Myojo-style. While soups are included in the package, the shoyu ramen soup base is not used. Bring out the gentle and delicious flavor from the shijimi clams, using chicken bouillon powder! You can also use the soup base and turn it into Shijimi Clam Shoyu Ramen! If you are using our soup base, omit the chicken bouillon powder and salt. Give this a try, as it is one of our favorites!
- 2 servings Signature Shoyu Ramen
- 3 cups Water (1 1/2 cups per serving)
- 1/2 tbsp Chicken Bouillon Powder
- Salt by preference
- **Shoyu soup base is not used. If using, omit Chicken Bouillon Powder and Salt**
- 200 g Shijimi Clams
- Wakame Seaweed by preference
- 4 slices Naruto (Spiraled Fishcake)
- Menma (Braised Bamboo Shoots) by preference
- Green Onion by preference
- 1 tbsp Butter (1/2 tbsp per serving)
- If you are using dried wakame seaweed, soak them in water to re-hydrate. Cut to bite sizes if necessary. Chop the green onions and slice the Narutomaki.
- Boil 3 cups of water in a pot and pour in shijimi clams. Once the clams open, skim off the scums. Add in the chicken bouillon powder and simmer. The soup is ready!
- In a separate pot, boil plenty of water and follow the package instructions to cook the ramen noodles. Once the noodles are cooked, drain well. Place the noodles in a bowl.
- Pour the soup from Step 1 into the bowl and top with shijimi clams. Add on wakame seaweed, narutomaki, menma, and green onions. Finish by topping the ramen with butter. Enjoy!