Do you know Neon Genesis Evangelion? It’s a Japanese mecha anime that has many hard-core fans. Besides the mecha and story, the characters are another reason why the show is popular! In the anime, there’s a famous scene where female character Misato Katsuragi is enjoying Tonkotsu Curry covered instant ramen. Using our Premium Shio Tonkotsu Ramen, we made it Myojo-style! Add the curry over the ramen, open a can of beer, and enjoy!
- 2 servings PremiumShio Tonkotsu Ramen
- 2 packets Premium Shio Tonkotsu Ramen Soup Base
- 2 ½ cups Hot Water (1 ¼ cup each)
- 1 piece Chashu (Braised Pork)
- ½ Ajitsuke Tamago (Marinated Egg)
- Chopped Green Onion by preference
- ½ pack Curry Roux (4 oz)
- 3 cups Water
- ½ Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Potato
- ½ lb Beef
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper by preference
- Cut the onion, carrot, potato, and beef into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pot and add in the beef. Saute the beef while seasoning with salt and pepper. After the beef is fully cooked, saute with onions. Add potatoes and carrots. After adding the vegetables, saute together.
- Pour in the water and bring to a boil. After the water starts to boil, remove the scum off the surface and turn the heat down to low. Cook in low heat for about 5 minutes. Once the vegetables are fully cooked, turn the heat off and add in curry roux. Stir the roux until it dissolves and turn the heat on. Stir until the soup thickens. Reduce to low heat and simmer for another 5 minutes. The curry is ready!
- Follow the package instructions and prepare shio tonkotsu ramen.
- Place your choice of toppings (such as chashu and ajitsuke tamago) and pour plenty of curry over the noodles. Finish off with a sprinkle of green onions and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.