Have you had shredded beef with green pepper before? It’s one of the popular Chinese foods you eat with rice. The key is the oyster sauce, and it surprisingly tastes great with noodles as well! We recommend using our Signature Shoyu Ramen, as the soy sauce goes great with oyster sauce. Beef is used for this recipe, but you can opt for pork or chicken. Chicken breast will result in a light flavor!
- 3 servings Signature Shoyu Ramen
- 3 packets Signature Shoyu Ramen Soup Base
- 3 ¾ cups Hot Water (1 ¼ cup per serving)
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sake
- 1 tsp Potato Starch
- 250 g Beef
- 1 can or cup Bamboo Shoots
- 3 Green Bell Peppers
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sake
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- ½ tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tbsp Sugar
- Sesame Oil by preference
- Salt and Pepper by preference
- In a small bowl, mix oyster sauce, sake, mirin, soy sauce, and sugar. Set aside the sauce.
- Slice the beef to thin strips. After marinating the beef with soy sauce and sake, mix in potato starch and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Take the bamboo shoots out of the can and drain. Slice the bamboo shoots to thin strips and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside. Remove the seeds from the green bell peppers and slice to thin strips.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add in sesame oil. Stir-fry the beef from Step 2. Once the beef is cooked, add in bamboo shoots and green bell peppers. Add the sauce from Step 1 and stir everything together.
- Follow the package instructions to prepare the noodles and soup.
- Pour the noodles into a bowl of soup and top with the toppings from Step 4. Enjoy!