Chkmeruli is a traditional Georgian Dish, which the chicken is cooked in garlic sauce. In this recipe, we have arranged the dish and made it Myojo Style, using our Nagasaki Champon! The aromatic flavor of the garlic and melted cheese is a great match with our Champon broth and noodles! While we suggested 2 cloves of garlic in this recipe, feel free to adjust it the way you like it! Give it a try!
- 2 servings Nagasaki Champon
- 1 packet Nagasaki Champon Soup Base (We only need 1 packet)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp Coriander
- Salt and Pepper by preference
- 300 g Chicken Thigh
- ½ Japanese Sweet Potato
- ¼ Onion
- ¼ Cabbage
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese (For Stew)
- Olive Oil by preference
- Mozzarella Cheese by preference
- Parsley by preference
- Cut the Japanese sweet potatoes into bite sizes, thin slice the onions, and cut the cabbage into bite sizes.
- Cut the chicken breast into bite sizes and season with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil (we recommend more than 1 tbsp) in a pot and cook the chicken. Once the chicken is done cooking, set aside on a separate plate. In the same pot, cook the sweet potato, onions, and cabbage. Season with salt and pepper. The sweet potatoes will be stewed later on, so it just needs to be cooked on the outside. Set aside the vegetables.
- In the same pot, add in butter and cook the garlics. Once the garlics start to fragrant, turn the heat down and keep it at low heat. Add in Coriander and flour, stirring occasionally. Mix in the chicken and vegetables. Add in the Nagasaki Champon soup base, water and stir well. After carefully stirring the soup, add in milk and simmer in low heat.
- After checking that the sweet potatoes are thoroughly cooked (soft), stir in mozzarella cheese. When the cheese is melted, it’s ready!
- In a separate pot, boil plenty of water and cook the champon noodles for 3 minutes 30 seconds. Once the noodles are cooked, drain well and place in a bowl.
- Pour the Chkmeruli from Step 5 over the noodles and top with mozzarella and parsley. Enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.