While ramen is popular in Japan, Hakata-style Tonkotsu Ramen is especially popular. One of the common toppings is “Takana Itame”, stir-fried fermented mustard leaves. Because mustard leaves are hard to find, we recommend trying stir-fried spicy kale to top with our Premium Shio Tonkotsu Ramen!
- 1 serving Premium Shio Tonkotsu Ramen
- 1 packet Premium Shio Tonkotsu Ramen Soup Base
- 1 1/4 cups Hot Water
- 2 tbsp Stir-Fried Spicy Kale you can follow our recipe below
- 1/2 Spring Onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp Roasted Sesame Seeds
- 2 slices Roasted Pork
- 1 tsp Red Ginger you can follow our recipe
- Spicy Sesame Oil by preference
- Dry Seaweed (Nori)
Stir-fried Spicy Kale (2-3 servings)
- 200 g Kale cut into bite sizes
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Mirin
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Crushed Chili Pepper
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- ½ tbsp Cooking Oil
Stir-fried Spicy Kale
- In a large pan, add cooking oil and minced garlic. Heat over a low heat. When the garlic starts smell, add soy sauce, mirin, sugar, crushed chili pepper, then simmer for 30 seconds.
- Prepare the Ramen and soup, following the instruction on the package.
- Add the Stir-Fried Spicy Kale and your favorite toppings, and you are done!