Vichyssoise is a thick and creamy soup that is traditionally served chilled. It is usually made with cream, pureed onions, potatoes, and chicken broth. With our dish, we arranged with milk (or soy milk) and edamame. Edamame is a green soybean that is high in fiber and low calorie. For this recipe, we used our Signature Shio Ramen to turn this into a meal! We also recommend using Kale noodles, which are also great for a healthy option!
- 3 servings Signature Shio Ramen
- 1 packet Signature Shio Ramen Soup Base (comes with 3 packets, but we only need 1)
- 1 ¼ cups Water
- 1 ¾ cups Milk (or Soy Milk)
- ½ cup Edamame shelled
- 1 Potato (medium-sized) diced
- ½ Onion sliced
- Salt by preference
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Parmesan Cheese optional
- In a pot, add edamame, potato, onion, soup packet, and 300 ml of water to boil.
- Once the potato has been thoroughly cooked, stop the heat, and let the pot cool down. Once the pot is cooled down, pour the content to a blender, and start blending. Mix in milk (or soy milk) and add salt to taste. Chill in fridge for about an hour.
- Follow the package instructions to cook the noodles. Once the noodles are cooked, drain and rinse well with cold water.
- Place the noodles in a bowl and pour in the vichyssoise (Step 2).
- Top the noodles with parsley, fresh basil leaves, and edamame. You are done! As an option, add Parmesan cheese for an even better dish!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.