Feeling hot? Cool down with a bowl of cold udon! We arranged our Myojo Jumbo Udon with Soup and turned it into cold Hiyashi Udon. For this recipe, we topped the udon with some vegetables and daikon oroshi, which is also known as grated daikon radish! This dish is easy, quick, and refreshing. Worth trying!
- 1 serving Jumbo Udon with Soup
- 1 packet Jumbo Udon Soup Seasoning
- 1 ¼ cups Hot Water
- ¼ cup Grated Daikon Radish
- ¼ Tomato sliced
- 1-2 pieces Shiso thinly sliced
- 1 Umeboshi (Pickled Plum)
- ¼ tsp Grated Ginger
- Prepare soup seasoning by mixing with hot water and let it chill in the fridge.
- Peel the daikon radish, grate it, and place in a small colander to remove excess water.
- Slice tomatoes and shiso.
- Boil water in a large pot and cook udon for 2-3 minutes. Once it’s ready, cool with cold water and let it drain.
- Put udon and chilled soup in a serving bowl and top it with grated daikon radish, tomato, umeboshi, shiso, and grated ginger. Add some ice to further chill.
- Mix in the grated daikon radish into the soup as you slurp this dish up!