This summer, beat the heat by trying something new! For this recipe, we used our Original Flavor Udon to make Chili Oil and Mayo Hiyashi Udon. Chilled udon noodles are perfect for the hot weather (or any weather)! While the usual chili oil can get a little spicy, S&B Chili Oil with Crunchy Garlic is meant be eaten with anything! The crunchy garlic, mild, savory taste of the chili oil and the tangy sweet flavor of Japanese mayonnaise will keep you slurping!
- 1 serving Original Flavor Udon
- 1 packet Original Flavor Udon Soup
- 1 ¼ cups Hot Water
- 2 Mini Sized Sausages (Japanese Sausages)
- ½ Japanese Cucumber sliced to strips
- Dry Seaweed cut to strips with kitchen scissors
- 1 Tenkasu (Tempura bits)
- 1 Japanese Mayonnaise
- 1 S&B Chili Oil with Crunchy Garlic (Taberu La-yu)
- Chili Threads by preference
- Boil 1 ¼ cups of water in a pot, and add Original Flavor Udon soup to make tsuyu sauce. Remove from heat and chill in the refrigerator.
- Follow the package instructions and boil water. Put in the udon noodles to boiling water to cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- After the udon noodles cook, drain and rinse with cold water to cool down the noodles.
- Drain the noodles well and place on plate. Add 2 mini size sausages (or a single sausage cut in half), ½ sliced cucumbers, and 1 tbsp tenkasu on top of the noodles.
- Add mayonnaise and top with S&B Chili Oil with Crunchy Garlic. Add some chili threads if preferred.
- Take the chilled sauce out of the refrigerator. Pour the sauce on the noodles, and the dish is ready to eat! *Before eating, mix everything together!
0 customer reviews
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.