Sukiyaki is one of the most popular food in Japan. The sweet and savory flavor of the meat is loved all-round. While Sukiyaki is commonly served with rice, did you know that udon is also good with sukiyaki! Using our Mushroom Flavor Udon, we turned it into a popular dish! While tomatoes aren’t common, we’ve added tomatoes as it tastes great! If you can’t find thin sliced beef, you can use shaved beef steak, which is a raw beef used for philly cheesesteaks. Enjoy!
- 1 serving Mushroom Flavor Udon
- 1 packet Mushroom Flavor Udon Soup Seasoning
- 100 g Raw Shaved Beef Steak
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes cut into halves
- 2 Mushrooms sliced
- 50 g Onion cut into half-inch thick slices
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tsp Sugar optional
- 10 g Butter
- 1 cup Water
- Salt by preference
- 1 Spring Onion diagonally cut
- Heat a frying pan and melt butter over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, onion and beef and sprinkle little salt.
- Saute for about 1 minute each side until brown.
- Add the soy sauce, mirin, and sugar (if adding). Stir well.
- Add water then bring to boil.
- Add udon and cook for 1 minute and 30 seconds (*Before adding udon, you could boil udon in a boiling water and rinse under running water to get rid of acidity).
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with spring onion.