Niku Udon is one of the easiest Japanese comfort foods you can make at home! When you’re in the mood for some chewy, slippery udon noodles, this should be your go-to recipe! All you need is our Beef Flavor Udon, beef, garnish, and some condiments! The simmered beef and udon are an excellent combo!
- 1 serving Beef Flavor Udon
- 1 packet Beef Flavor Udon Soup Base
- 1 ¼ cups Hot Water
- 100 g Beef Komagire (scraps) sliced into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ Onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup Water for simmered beef
- 1 tsp Sake
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Scallion for garnish
- Ichimi Togarashi (red chili pepper spice)
- Red Ginger
- Add water, sake, soy sauce, mirin, and sugar in a pot over medium heat. Once it starts to simmer, add beef and onion. Turn down to low heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Follow package instructions for Beef Flavor Udon to prepare the udon.
- Add udon and soup in a bowl and top it with simmered beef.
- Garnish with scallions, add ichimi togarashi, and red ginger to your liking. Enjoy!