Saratanmen is a Japanese dish in which ramen noodles are added to a Chinese cuisine, hot and sour soup. This dish is popular, as the spicy-vinegary flavor of the thickened soup pairs well with Ramen. Instead of ramen, our Chicken Flavor Udon will be used for the recipe!
- 1 serving Chicken Flavor Udon
- 1 packet Chicken Flavor Udon Soup Base
- 1 ¼ cups Hot Water
- 80 g Pork shredded and cut to bite-sized pieces
- ½ tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Shiitake Mushroom thinly sliced
- ⅓ can Boiled Bamboo Shoots
- ½ Tomato cut to bite-sized pieces
- 10 Spinach Leaves cut to bite-sized pieces
- 1 Egg whisked well
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- ½ tsp Chili Oil
- Coat frying pan with sesame oil and fry the pork over medium-high heat. Add shiitake mushrooms and bamboo shoots, and continue frying. Pour in water and Chicken Flavor Udon seasoning and bring to a boil.
- When it begins to boil, add in spinach and swirl in whisked egg. Add in vinegar and chili oil.
- Remove udon noodles out of its packaging, and lay noodles into same pan from Step 2. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer contents to a bowl and ready to eat! *If you like, you can add a slurry of water and corn starch to Step 2 to thicken the soup. *If you like spicy, add 1 tsp of chili oil.