Kitsune Udon is the King of Udon! All it consists of is a piping hot bowl of udon in dashi broth topped with aburaage, a marinated deep-fried tofu pouch. The semi-sweet aburaage is a must have with udon – if you’ve never had it, you’re missing out! For this recipe we used our Jumbo Udon with Soup.
- 1 serving Jumbo Udon with Soup
- 1 packet Jumbo Udon Soup Seasoning
- 1 ¼ cups Hot Water
- 2 pieces Kamaboko (Fish Cake)
- Scallions trimmed
- Ichimi Togarashi (Red Chili Pepper Spice)
- Place aburaage over a colander and pour boiled water over it to remove excess oil.
- Prepare your oage, which is the “Kitsune” part of the Kitsune Udon.
- Prepare 2 pieces of kamaboko and trim the scallion.
- Make the udon; follow instructions on the package.
- Add udon and soup in a bowl and top it with kitsune and kamaboko, and garnish with scallions.
- To add a little kick of spice, sprinkle some ichimi togarashi!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.