Hot pot-style udon is a quick and easy way to warm up for the winter! While red meats are popular for hot pots, fish is also popular among Japanese families. Cod is easy to find at supermarkets, so why not warm up the Japanese way? For this recipe, we used our Original Flavor Udon. We recommend pre-boiling the udon noodles and rinsing it for a better taste. Enjoy!
- 1 serving Original Flavor Udon
- 1 packet Original Flavor Udon Soup Seasoning
- 80 g Cod cut to bite sizes and pinch of salt sprinkled to remove excess water
- 80 g Nappa Cabbage cut to bite sizes
- ¼ Carrot cut to bite sizes
- 1¼ cups Hot Water
- ½ Spring Onion diagonally sliced
- Shichimi Pepper optional
- Add the water, carrot and nappa cabbage in a clay pot. Cover with a lid and bring to boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, remove excess water from the cod using a paper towel. Turn down the heat and add the cod. Cook until the cod is half cooked.
- Add the udon and cook for 1 and a half to 2 minutes. As an option, you could pre-boil the udon in boiling water in a medium pot and wash under running water to remove preservatives for better flavor.
- Stir in the soup seasoning before turning off the heat.
- Garnish with the green onion and sprinkle shichimi pepper. Enjoy!