Hinamatsuri (also known as Girl’s Day) is a Japanese tradition celebrated on March 3. Besides displaying a set of ornamental dolls, Girl’s Day is celebrated with traditional sweets and foods! Hamaguri Osuimono is a clear Japanese soup that is cooked with clams and dashi. We’ve added our Jumbo Udon Noodles Only for a full meal! While it is light in flavor, the savory flavor of clams and shrimps are present in the soup. Udon noodles pair well with the pleasant taste of the soup. Rape Blossoms are traditionally topped with the soup, but we have used the flowering head of Chinese Broccoli as it is accessible in the states.
- 2 servings Jumbo Udon Noodles Only
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tsp Konbu Dashi Powder
- Salt by preference
- 4~6 Hamaguri (Common Orient Clam)
- 4 Shrimps
- 4 Chinese Broccoli (Flowering Head Only)
- Hana Fu (Flower-shaped Bran)
- De-grit the clams by soaking the clams in salt water. Peel and devein the shrimps.
- Boil 3 cups of Water and add in konbu dashi powder and clams. Once the clams open, adjust with salt. Add in shrimp, bran, and broccoli to finish. The soup is ready!
- In a separate pot, boil plenty of water. Follow the package instructions to cook the udon noodles. Once the noodles are cooked, rinse and drain well. Place the noodles in a bowl.
- Pour in the soup from step 2 to the bowl. Arrange the toppings and you are done!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.