Fall is a season full of soul and flavor, and an excellent time for mushrooms! Who can say no to a steaming bowl of udon, better yet, udon with mushrooms? This simple recipe uses our Mushroom Flavor Udon and is perfect to warm your body and soul on a chilly autumn day.
- 1 serving Mushroom Flavor Udon
- 1 pack Mushroom Flavor Udon Soup Seasoning
- 1 ¼ cups Hot Water
- ¼ bunch Shimeji trim roots and separate stalks
- 1 Shiitake Mushroom thinly sliced
- ¼ bunch Enoki Mushroom trim off root part and cut bunch in half
- 1 cup Water for ankakesauce/gravy sauce
- 1 tsp Powdered Dashi
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tbsp Water for starch
- 1 Egg beaten
- ¼ Carrot chopped into 3-5mm thick pieces, shaped with flower cutter, boiled in saltwater
- In a large pot, add 1 cup of water, powdered dashi, soy sauce, mirin and bring to a boil. Then add shimeji, shiitake, and enoki mushrooms and let it simmer. Mix 1 tbsp of water with 1 tbsp of potato starch and pour in mixture into the pot to thicken. Pour in 1 beaten egg in a circular motion and turn off heat when egg is cooked. (Don’t mix the egg to avoid a cloudy soup broth). Your ankake sauce is ready!
- In a separate pot, prepare the udon by following the package instructions. Transfer udon and soup into serving bowl.
- Pour the ankake sauce over the udon and top it with cilantro and decorate with flower cut carrots.