Elegant, cheesy, filling, and hearty, transform our udon into something other than a hot pot addition or stir-fry. We used two portions of udon noodles from our Jumbo Udon Noodles Only, as it conveniently comes with three portions (save one for a rainy day!). Cook onions, mushrooms, bacon in milk (can be substituted with half & half) and our Signature Miso Ramen soup base. If you don’t have our ramen lying around, you can substitute with miso paste. Whisk eggs with Parmesan cheese, and envelope that over the udon for the finish!
- 1 serving Jumbo Udon Noodles Only
- 1 tbsp Signature Miso Ramen Soup Base (or Miso Paste)
- 1 cup Milk (or Half & Half)
- 1 slice Bacon
- ¼ Onion
- 2 Mushrooms
- ½ tbsp Minced Parsley for garnish
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper by preference
- Break eggs into a bowl, and whisk in parmesan cheese.
- Thinly slice onions and mushrooms. Cut bacon to about ¼ inch in width.
- Follow the cooking instructions on the back of the packaging to boil the udon. Once boiled, place the udon in a colander and drain.
- Fry the bacon in a frying pan. When the fat from the bacon has rendered, add onions and mushrooms and continue frying.
- Once the bacon and vegetables are cooked, pour in milk (or half & half) and Signature Miso Ramen Soup Base (or Miso paste), add udon and continue frying.
- Turn off the heat, add in the egg and parmesan cheese mixture from Step 1 and stir quickly to prevent the eggs from cooking. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley and dig in.