Myojo’s Vegetarian Shoyu Soup Bases are so versatile, it doesn’t stop with just ramen! In this recipe, you can easily make pork rice bowl with just a few ingredients! While the Vegetarian Shoyu Soup Base may seem light in flavor, it gives a nice savory flavor as a braised pork. Use a pressure cooker or an Instant Pot for a quick and savory meal! Turn it into a rice bowl, and enjoy!
- 2 servings Vegetarian Shoyu Soup Base
- 2 cups Water
- 1 lb Pork Belly
- 1 thumb Ginger
- 3 Green Onions
- Red Ginger by preference
- 2 cups Cooked Rice (1 cup per serving)
- Peel the skin off ginger and cut to thin slices. Chop the green part of the green onions and keep the white parts to cook.
- Cut the pork belly to 1 inch thick pieces.
- Add soup base, water, ginger, and the white part of the green onions to the Instant Pot (or a pressure cooker). Using the pressure cook mode, pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the rice bowl. After 10 minutes of pressure cooking, wait until the pressure is released to open the lid. Remove the pork from the Instant Pot and slice to preferred size. Place the sliced pork on the rice bowl.
- Pour the soup left from the pot to the rice bowl for added flavor. To finish, garnish with chopped green onions and red ginger. Enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.