Tonkotsu Pork Curry with Fried Veggies
Toppings/Side Dish / Curry / Spicy / Tonkotsu / Hot / Meat & Poultry /
- 1 serving
- 25 mins
What’s one of the great ways to enjoy our Tonkotsu Soup Base? Turn it into Curry! By adding curry powder to our Tonkotsu Soup Base, you’ll have yourself a savory Tonkotsu flavored Curry! Add some pork and your favorite choice of vegetable. While it is not in the recipe, you can also add boiled eggs for a personalized curry! The curry may be salty, so add 50 ml of water when simmering to adjust. Enjoy!
- 1 packet Tonkotsu Soup Base
- 1 ½ cups Water
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tbsp Curry Powder
- ¼ lb Thin-Sliced Pork
- ½ Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 3 pieces Thin-sliced Kabocha Squash
- ¼ Tomato
- ¼ pack Shimeji Mushrooms
- 3 pieces Thin-Sliced Eggplant
- ½ cup Cooked Rice
- Salt & Pepper by preference
- Parsley by preference
- Slice the pork into bite-sized pieces and cut the tomato wedges. Mince the onion and garlic, set aside.
- Heat butter in a frying pan and add in the minced garlic. Cook the garlic until fragrant and add in the minced onions. Season with salt and pepper, sauté for 10 minutes.
- Once the onions are caramelized, add in curry powder and flour. Stir well.
- Add in the thin-sliced pork to Step 3 and cook well. Once the pork is cooked thoroughly, add in water and Tonkotsu Soup Base. Simmer in low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat olive oil in a separate pan. Cook the eggplants, tomatoes, shimeji mushrooms, and kabocha squash. Season with salt and pepper and cook thoroughly.
- Place cooked rice on a plate and pour in the curry from Step 4. Arrange the vegetables over the curry and finish with a sprinkle of parsley. Enjoy!
0 customer reviews
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.