Age-Dashi Tofu Rice Bowl (Fried Tofu Bowl)
Toppings/Side Dish / Shoyu / Hot / Vegetarian /
- 2 servings
- 25 mins
Our Vegetarian Shoyu Soup Base is so versatile, it’s not just for ramen. By mixing the soup base with small amounts of water, you can turn the soup base into a sauce! The light yet savory flavor of the Vegetarian sauce and fried tofu is definitely worth trying! Pair with some Bok-choys and eat it over rice for a satisfying meal!
- 1 packet Vegetarian Shoyu Soup Base
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cups Rice (1 cup per serving)
- ½ Tofu
- 3 tbsp All Purpose Flour or Potato Starch
- 1 ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Bok-choys
- Red Ginger by preference
- Boil bok-choy in saltwater and drain well. If the bok-choy is bulky, cut the bok-choy in half.
- To remove excess moisture, wrap the tofu in a paper towel and microwave for 1 min 30 sec. After microwaving the tofu, let it cool.
- Slice the tofu to sixth and evenly coat with flour (or Potato starch). Heat vegetable oil in a pan and fry the tofu.
- In a separate pan, heat Vegetarian Shoyu Soup Base and water. Mix well, and the sauce is ready. Add in the tofu to coat with the sauce. Do not remove the sauce, as you will be using it on the final step.
- Prepare rice in a bowl and add the Tofu from Step 4. Place the bok-choys next to the Tofu and swirl in the leftover sauce from Step 4. Finish by topping red ginger, and enjoy!
0 customer reviews
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.