Tofu is a great meat alternative, filled with protein. With our Tofu Steak recipe, you can make a crunchy soft texture to go with your bowl of ramen! Try it with our Premium Vegetarian Shoyu Ramen for a full vegetarian meal, or with any of our other fresh ramen noodles for a healthy topping.
- 1 Tofu (Firm or Extra Firm)
- 3-4 tbsp Flour or Potato Starch
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sake
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Mix together sugar, soy sauce, mirin and sake on a separate bowl.
- Wrap the tofu with a kitchen towel and microwave for 3 minutes. Remove the towel and let the tofu cool down.
- Slice the tofu to 6 rectangular pieces and cover with flour/corn starch. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and place the tofus to grill. Once the tofus are grilled, add in the mixture from Step 2 to cook together. The Tofu steaks are now ready!