Menma (Braised Bamboo Shoots) are savory toppings for different styles of ramen. They’re quick to make and especially great with our Signature Miso Ramen!
- 240 g (about 8 oz) Boiled Bamboo Shoots (canned or boiled) sliced to bite sizes
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Mirin
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Sake or White Wine
- ¼ Chili Pepper Flakes optional
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and coat with sesame oil. Add the bamboo shoots and lightly stir fry. Add the sake and evaporate alcohol. Add sugar, mirin and soy sauce. Stir well.
- Add water and bring to boil. Turn down the heat to simmer and cook until all the liquid evaporates, for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chili pepper flakes.
- Store in a clean air-tight container and refrigerate.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.