Yokote Yakisoba is a regional fast-food originating from Akita, Japan. Yokote Yakisoba is served with a sunny side up egg and Fukujinzuke (a red pickled vegetable). The sweet and tangy flavor of the sauce and thick noodles is popular among the locals in Yokote City, Akita prefecture. For this recipe, we used our Premium Original Yakisoba to recreate Yokote-style Yakisoba! Add mentsuyu and mirin to our sauce for a sweeter sauce! Mix the sunny side up with yakisoba and enjoy!
- 1 serving Premium Original Yakisoba
- ¼ cup Water
- 100 g Cabbage
- 100 g Ground Pork
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil for Yakisoba
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil for Egg
- 1 packet Premium Original Yakisoba Sauce
- 3 tbsp Water
- ½ tbsp Mentsuyu
- ½ tbsp Mirin
- Fukujinzuke optional
- Pepper by preference
- In a small bowl mix ½ packet of the sauce, water, mentsuyu, and mirin.
- Cut the cabbage to bite sizes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan. Cook the ground meat and add in the cabbage once the meat is cooked. Continue to stir-fry.
- Add in the Yakisoba and ¼ cup of water. Cover with lid and steam cook. Remove the lid and loosen the noodles. Stir-fry until the water is evaporated.
- Swirl in the sauce from Step 1, and stir until the yakisoba is entirely covered with sauce. Remove from heat in place the noodles on a plate.
- Wash the frying pan and dry. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan and crack in the egg. As soon as the egg white hardens, remove from heat. Place the sunny side up on top of the yakisoba from Step 5.
- Place the fukujinzuke on the side and sprinkle some pepper. The yakisoba is now ready to eat!
Submit your review