Craving street food? Here’s something you probably have not heard before – Soba Meshi! Soba Meshi is a mixed dish of yakisoba and fried rice. Soba Meshi originates from Kobe, Japan. The fragrance of the sauce attracts people walking in the streets! Try this easy recipe using our Signature Original Yakisoba!
- 1 serving Signature Original Yakisoba
- 1 ½ cups Cooked Rice
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 80 g Pork Slices cut to small slices
- ⅙ Cabbage diced
- 1 tsp Cooking Oil
- 2 tbsp Tenkasu (Tempura Bits)
- Salt by preference
- Pepper by preference
- 1 packet Signature Original Yakisoba Seasoning
- Aonori (Dried Green Laver)
- Dried Bonito Flakes
- Red Ginger you can follow our recipe
- Otafuku’s Yakisoba Sauce optional
- Microwave 1 bag of yakisoba noodles for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Chop the noodles to 1-2cm sizes. Add the chopped noodles and 1.5 cup of cooked rice to a bow. Stir in 1 tbsp of sesame oil and mix well.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp of cooking oil. Add 80g of pork slices and stir-fry. Once the pork slices are cooked, add ⅙ chopped cabbages. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the noodles and rice mixed in step 1 to the pan. Once the noodles and rice are stir-fried, stir in a bag of yakisoba sauce. Mix well. Add 2 tbsp of tenkasu and lightly mix.
- Transfer Step 3 to a bowl/plate and top with aonori, dried bonito flakes, and red ginger. ＊If you mix the toppings with the Soba Meshi before eating, it will taste even better! ＊If you want more sauce, add in Otafuku’s yakisoba sauce.
Submit your review