- 2 servings Nagasaki Champon
- 2 packets Nagasaki Champon Soup Base
- 2 ½ cups Hot Water (1 ¼ cups per serving)
- 50 ml Gochujiang
- 150 g Pork thinly sliced and cut to bite-sizes
- 6-8 Shrimp
- ¼ Cabbage cut to bite-sizes
- ½ Onion sliced to about 3mm
- ½ Carrot chopped into 1cm-thick pieces
- ½ pack Bean Sprouts washed
- ½ Shimeji Mushrooms (or 2 Shiitake Mushrooms with stem removed and thinly sliced) roots cut off and separated
- 1/3 Kamaboko or Naruto (Fish Cake) sliced to about 2mm
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Gochujiang
- Chili Threads by preference
- *Snow Peas, Squid, and Wood Ear Mushroom are also great ingredients you can add!*
- Prepare the noodles by following the instructions on the packaging.
- While the noodles are boiling, in a separate wok add vegetable oil and thoroughly cook pork. Add cabbage, onion, and carrots and stir fry. Once the carrots are cooked through, add shimeji mushrooms, and bean sprouts.
- Add 2 ½ cups (1 ¼ x 2) of water (prepared for the soup) and let it come to a boil, then add 2 soup seasoning packets and gochujang. Lastly toss in shrimp and kamaboko and once they’re cooked the soup is ready!
- Once the noodles are ready, drain and put in serving bowl.
- Cover noodles with a generous amount of soup, and top with some chili threads. Enjoy!