Cool down and stay healthy eating Hiyashi Chuka! Hiyashi Chuka, also known as Cold Ramen is recommended for the Summer, as the cold noodles and vinaigrette sauce are refreshing and perfect for the season. If you want to use a different kind of noodles for Cold Ramen, try using vegetarian noodles! For this recipe, our Beet Noodles are used as a healthy alternative! Staple toppings for Hiyashi Chuka are cucumber, ham, and shredded eggs, but you can always try new toppings such as what this recipe suggests – shrimp and avocado!
- 2 servings Beet Noodles
- 60 ml Soup Stock (or Water)
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- Salt by preference
- 10 Cooked Shrimp
- 1/2 Avocado peeled and sliced
- 1/2 Yellow Paprika cut into thin strips
- 2 1/2 in Cucumber cut into thin strips
- Sesame Seeds for garnish
- Cilantro for garnish
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil in a medium pot and stir in noodles. Cook for 1 to 1 min 30 seconds.
- While waiting for the noodles to cook, prepare the Hiyashi Chuka sauce by combining all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for one minute. Let the sauce cool down, set aside.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain and rinse the noodles with running water. Rinsing the noodles will stop cooking and remove excess starch.
- After draining, transfer the noodles to a serving plate and add the prepared toppings.
- Garnish and serve with Hiyashi chuka sauce.