Hinamatsuri, also known as Girl’s Day is a Japanese tradition celebrated on March 3. Girl’s Day is celebrated by displaying a set of ornamental dolls and enjoying traditional sweets and foods! Why not celebrate Girl’s Day with a specially decorated Hiyashi Chuka? Enjoy Myojo-Style chirashi, using Sesame Hiyashi Chuka!
- 3 servings Sesame Hiyashi Chuka
- 3 packets Sesame Hiyashi Chuka Sauce
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ tsp Potato Starch
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Oil
- ½ Cucumber
- ½ Fish Sausage
- 3 tbsp Masago (Capelin Roe)
- 1 piece Imitation Crab
- 6 Shrimps
- Dissolve the potato starch with water to make slurry, and crack the eggs to the same bowl. Add in sugar and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the egg mixture, in 3-4 separate parts. Make 3-4 pieces of a thin layer of egg. After cooking the eggs, let it cool and cut the eggs to thin shredded strips.
- Thinly slice the cucumber and fish sausage. Using a flower punch, cut out flower-shaped cucumbers and fish sausage. Peel the imitation crab to shreds and boil the shrimps in salt water.
- Follow the package instructions to cook the noodles. Rinse the cooked noodles with cold water to chill and drain well.
- On a large plate, place the noodles and top with shredded egg, flower-shaped fish sausage, eggs, and shrimps. At the center, add the imitation crab and finish topping with masago. In a separate small bowl, prepare the sauce and pour over the noodles before serving. Mix the noodles and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.